Monday 29 May 2017

Reddy Goes A-Wandering - Eng Kee Famous Roasted Duck

A good 80% of places I've written about here, were accidental finds. Wandering feet during lunch hour can often lead me to pretty good joints. Just like this place in some random coffeeshop in a small slip road next to the busier Anson Road. I've often come across a snaking queue right in front of the coffeeshop (whilst on my way to another favourite Indian makan joint, which I will talk about some time soon) and wondered what could be tantalising enough to warrant such a queue! Yes, like any true blue Singaporean, who adores food, I found myself drawn towards the enigmatic draw of the line-up. Haha. So here you go, Eng kee Famous Roasted Duck, for your reading pleasure. Promise not to drool too much ok? 
Aiyo... just look at the crackling............


No way can I be vegetarian! 
On a side note, they also have ngoh hiang. Will come back to try this, it looks absolutely gorgeous!


So I ordered a mix of char siew, roast pork and roast duck. Heavenly. 



The roast pork was delish, wish there were like chunks of crackling to go along, but alas, there can only be so much on top :(


The char siew I love, right amount of char with a tinge of smokiness. 
Meat is juicy, not too dry and wonderfully delicious! Oh, guess I was so carried away with the pork that I forgot all about the duck! 
Hah, perfect reason to come back.


Eng Kee Famous Roasted Duck
15 Enggor Street
01-01 Realty Food House
Singapore 079908
Tel : +65 9856 0238

No comments:

Post a Comment