Wednesday 27 September 2017

There's Always Room For Ice Cream!

I remember having my first Magnum bar. It was like the Rolex of all ice creams (on a stick) for me then, and even till today, I still kinda feel the sense of "atasness" when I bite into a bar. Well, I did not grow up with a silver spoon, so a Magnum was then quite a grand treat for this simple small town girl. Now that I am older, and have a bit more means to sample frozen treats of all kinds, I still go back to that familiar deliciousness once in awhile. Well imagine my excitement when I saw that Magnum opened (an aptly named) Pleasure Store at Ion Orchard. It's like the MTV show "Pimp My Ride" where a bunch of normal looking cars got a makeover inside out, this Pleasure Store is the Pimp-My-Ride treatment of the humble ice cream on a stick.

Oh-So-Pleasing-To-The-Eyes
Dark Chocolate Coated Magnum Bar with Pistachios, Chilli Flakes, Sea Salt and White Chocolate Drizzle @ $8.00


So this is how you do it..
Begin with picking the type of chocolate coating - Milk Chocolate, White Chocolate or Dark Chocolate



Then you pick your toppings (you get to pick 3). 
I was recommended Chilli Flakes and Sea Salt to go along with my Dark Chocolate Magnum (I picked Pistachios just because it's green and pretty and of course, because it is delicious).
I was kinda hoping they have rose petals, but alas no :)
Your choice of toppings will be mixed together into a little mixer canister for the finishing stage later on.



Now watch your ice cream start to come to life. 
This is where the bar is dipped into your choice of chocolate coating.



The final stage - The beautify-ing stage!
Remember your 3 toppings? Here they are, peppered delicately atop your bar of Magnum.
You get to also pick a choice of drizzle for your now (almost) complete awesome bar of yummyness.


Ta-dah! I absolutely adore the recommendation of chilli flakes and sea salt. It's a party in the mouth with every bite. I got a subtle warm kick of heat from the chilli, salty grains of sea salt brought the an interesting twist to the already delicious dark chocolate and creamy vanilla concoction.  


Oh, there is even a photobooth for your creation!
Feel free to share on Twitter, Facebook and of course, Instagram.
There's even a hashtag for you to use #MAGNUMSG 


They also have a small drinks bar that serves coffee and of course, chocolate drink.


The glossy ring of chocolate you see? Yup, that's melted chocolate ($7.00), to go with the already delicious piping hot cup of hot chocolate. And yes, why not add some chocolate bits on top too?
The decadence............................




Magnum Pleasure Store
ION Orchard B2-07
2 Orchard Turn
Singapore 238801
Tel : +65 6509 9928

Opening Hours:
Daily 10.00am - 10.00pm

No comments:

Post a Comment