Monday 19 October 2015

Geylang Beef Hor Fun - Reddy's Favourite Comfort Food

The first time I tasted this infamous dish was more than fifteen years ago. There is just something specifically unmistakable about the taste of this humble zhi char dish that you can only find here at Geylang Lorong 9. I have never forgotten how the first mouthful of their Beef Kway Teow carved an indelible mark of gastronomic satisfaction in my mind and I could never quite find anything close to what my mind vividly recalls. Fast forward a decade-ish later.. I still find myself hankering over THAT plate of Beef Kway Teow. And, they are still as good as they were then.

Every slice of beef is tender, flavourful and almost, just almost melts in your mouth. 
And the gravy? Gratifying.



They do other dishes too you know... Although most people come here ONLY for the horfun.


Sweet and Sour Pork


Usual suspect of Baby Kailan with Garlic



Comfort food. **Drrooool*


Who cares about eating by the roadside when the food is so good?

Reddy's score sheet :

Food : 9/10
Service : 5/10 Nothing spectacular but at least waiting time is bearable
Ambience : 8/10 Rustic, hectic, hot, humid - the true essence of street dining (something like that lah)

Geylang Lorong 9 Beef Kway Teow
237 Geylang Road
Singapore 389296

No comments:

Post a Comment