Monday 10 July 2017

Reddy Goes To Biku @ Bali

There's something truly magical about this place. Island Of The Gods they call it. To most people, it is simply known as Bali. I've been here a few times, and yet I feel that I've barely scraped the surface of what this place has to offer. Bali is a land of enchantment and mystical magic. I feel myself so drawn into the beauty of the place that I find it challenging to leave every time. This visit, I've vowed to at pay homage to some of THE institutions that I've lusted over on Instagram. And being such a fan of all things pretty and cakes/pastries/food/all things yum, I've found myself lured into the enigmatic draw of Biku.

For those who love being under the warmth of the sun, there are also outdoor seating options. 
So Instaworthy!


Aiyo, why lah so pretty.
And this is only the entrance


For those who cannot resist shopping, there is a small retail space in the corner next to the bar counter. Here you can find homeware, artwork, jewellery, books sourced by local artisans.



I can't have high tea for breakfast?? Said no one ever.
This is Biku's "Breakfast High Tea Style".
Indulgent as it may seem for one, it was SOOOOOO worth the extra calories, it was a feast on the senses and also a feast for the eyes definitely.


Freshly squeezed orange juice. Not just any orange, but one from oranges with green skin (not sure what they are called though).
What sets it apart from other oranges is that it is always sweet, and also almost no hint of tartness.
I grew up having a cup of this everyday, oh how I missed this!


Teh Halia.  A must for me whenever I make a trip to Bali. 
Add a luscious spoonful of honey and I'm in heaven.


Each set (@ RP110,000++) comes with croissants, danish, scones (with clotted cream and jam of course), Corn Cakes with Avocado Salsa, Herb Omelette, Sausages, Grilled Tomato, Fruit Salad and Yoghurt, Fresh Juice and choice of coffee or tea.


Decadence early in the morning..


A refreshing mix of papaya, watermelon, pineapple


I am stuffed beyond silly with all the glorious food here


That's my bill. For ALL that hearty goodness. RP115,000 (approx S$12.00).


Oh, let's not forget WIFI. For those who can't do without technology, there's free WIFI.


I would love to devour each and every one of 'em babies. But my tummy can only take so much..
Biku is famed for their afternoon tea, they have a repertoire of over 50 varieties of tea from all over the world. For the little ones, Biku offers a kiddy version as well (think cupcakes, gingerbread men and 


If you happen to be in Bali, do drop by this beautiful gem of a place.
Food is awesome and great service to boot!
**Hint - come by for breakfast, it's the least crowded.
I hear that reservation is preferred for afternoon tea**

Biku
Jl Pettinget No.888
Seminyak, Kuta Utara
Bali, Indonesia
Tel : +62 851-0057-0888

Opening Hours
Daily 8.00am - 11.00pm

No comments:

Post a Comment