Friday 18 August 2017

Sticky Gooey Yummylicious Lor Mee @ Famous Amoy Street Lu Mian

Well, finally there's another lor mee stall which I can actually make it in time for lunch in Amoy. The one at 2nd floor (Yuan Chun) is always sold out by the time I get to them after 12.00pm. Famous Amoy Street Lu Mian they're called, recently opened, probably around April or May this year. Here they serve only 2 versions - regular ($3.00) and "extra fish" ($4.00). I opted for the $4.00 version and boy, I was way pleased I did!

Chunks of fried fish. OMG so, so, darn good :)



Condiments are laid out for you to help yourselves with. The garlic paste is out of this world, but it makes your breath out of this world as well, so consume sparingly :)


Just look at those golden nuggets of awesomeness. Drooling as I type this.


It's like a piece of artwork. You eat with your eyes they say.


The fish is fresh, and that itself is all you need to make it good. 
No frills, just simple fresh ingredients. 


The pork however, I prefer it to be more tender, with that unmistakable melt-in-your-mouth texture. This is a tad chewy unfortunately. But, on the plus side, this is the only criticism I have, everything else if flawless.


If you feel like you're over indulging, you can always opt for a lighter option of carbs - bee hoon. They make their lor mee with (of course) noodles and also offer beehoon as an alternative.



Famous Amoy Street Lu Mian
Amoy Street Food Centre
#01-08, 7 Maxwell Road
Singapore 069111

No comments:

Post a Comment